Zermatt Arms RIMX: Rimfire Action Details
Zermatt Arms Remington 700 footprint rimfire action has a couple of neat features. Their rimfire action, RIMX, has an interchangeable bolt head system, a single fixed extractor and comes with a 110 round RIMX magazine.
Interchangeable Bolt Head System
Having an interchangeable bolt head allows for more customizability. Zermatt Arms has bolt heads that fit the 22LR and 17 HMR.
Single Fixed Extractor
What makes this rimfire action unique is the rigidity it has. The extractor firmly catches the case rim. If it doesn’t eject, it will rip the case off the cartridge. This design decreases extraction problems.
Included RIMX Magazine
The RIMX comes with a magazine. It has an aluminum anodized clamshell design with four screws at the corners of the side of the magazine and a bottom that can slide off to make maintenance easier.
What sets this mag apart, however, is the adjustable magazine catch. This catch allows for height adjustment, allowing the magazine to work with different bottom metals and chassis systems. Additional magazines cost $125.00.
List of RIMX Features
- Remington 700 footprint
- Integrated recoil lug
- Nitrided receiver and bolt body
- DLC coated bolt head
- Non-protruding, fixed extractor
- 6 o’clock position firing pin
- Toolless, bayonet-style fire control
- Interchangeable bolt heads for 22LR and 17 HMR
- Four options for rail incline: 0, 20, 30 and 40 moa
- Seven options for bolt knob: tactical, teardrop, helical diamond, spiral diamond, competition and spiral extended
- 7075 aluminum 10 round adjustable height magazine
- 5 round magazine extension option (sold separately)
Made in the USA.