FREE SHIPPING ON ALL KRG CHASSIS
An In-depth Look at the KRG Bravo Chassis
The Kinetic Research Group (KRG) Bravo chassis stands apart from the competition because of its low price point, ease of customization, and, if we’re honest, it just looks cool. KRG designed the Bravo with both beginners and advanced shooters in mind.
This lightweight chassis takes the functionality of the Whiskey-3 and X-ray and combines them with just a little bit of that traditional stock style to create the Bravo. Those that like the X-ray but want a more traditional feel will love the Bravo. Like most KRG products, the Bravo has a CNC machined aluminum backbone that provides plenty of rigidity, as well as polymer sections that provide ample space to attach accessories.
The Bravo is also compatible with many KRG and Anarchy Outdoors aftermarket accessories, including Arca rails, mag release extensions, and many more!
Bravo Magazine System
The magazine system accepts AICS pattern magazines, including Magpul polymer and steel AICS mags.
Features of the Grip on the Bravo
The Bravo chassis has a vertical grip with large palm swells. The tapered contour at the top of the grip is similar to the A-5 stock, offering the shooter a wide range of grip positions.
Notable Butt Stock Assets
Unlike other KRG chassis, the Bravo has a much more traditional style to the buttstock, though, like most chassis systems, it is still fully adjustable. The length of pull is adjusted by adding or removing the three included spacers (additional spacers can also be purchased separately).
The Bravo chassis also has a comfortable recoil pad, which provides a pleasant shooting experience, especially when combined with one of our many muzzle devices.
What to Notice About the Cheek Piece
There is roughly an inch of adjustable comb height in the cheekpiece. It has a simple yet effective design that can adjust with ease to the preferred position. The adjustment knob is on the support side, so lefties may want to replace this knob.
- Weight: 2.9 lbs
- Recess on the chassis that fit any of KRG's spigot mounts
- M-LOK recesses on either side of the chassis
- Bipod stud and Magpul moe rail, so you can attach your preferred Picatinny rail bipod.
- The underside of the fore-end has mounting holes and attachment points for a variety of KRG accessories.
- Low-profile magazine release
- Trigger guard large enough for gloved hands to easily use. Most aftermarket triggers will fit.
- Vertical grip
- 3 LOP spacers
- QD cups in the buttstock
- Comfortable recoil pad
- Made in the USA
Important manufacturer specs from KRG's website.
*The Howa Bravo is only available in short action. We have no current plans for long action or mini-action inlets.
*The Tikka inlet accepts T3, T3x, and CTR versions, however slight mods may be required on the trigger-guard for the T3 TAC A1 to function properly. Tikka rifles accept AICS pattern mags with the exception of the Magpul AICS polymer mags.
*All of our chassis take AICS magazines with nothing extra needed, the magazine is not included.
*T1x and CZ-457 both utilize their factory rimfire mags.
**Aug '18: Bravo chassis now come with polymer mag release button and still come with the 1-3 LOP spacer kit which allows LOP up to 14" approx, more spacers available for longer LOP.
***Remington 700 long action chassis come with the full Whiskey-3 forend and take 3.850" (CIP) length AICS pattern magazines or 3.715" AICS mags with included spacer.
***The Bravo Chassis DOES NOT come with the Hook-Style Cover, please see our Accessories section for this add on.
***Actions with trigger hangers will not work without mods to the chassis, hanger, or both.
***Remington 700 inlets are made to accommodate standard Remington factory lugs.
- Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action).
- Barrel contours accepted: 1.25" for 4" in front of action face, then 1.20" straight to end of forend. A 1.25" straight cylinder barrel will fit but we feel that the clearance is too minimal. We recommend using no larger than a varmint contour to keep proper balance.
Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
- T3 versions will accept KRG Midas 2-Stage trigger, Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger.
- Rem 700 version will accept the new X-mark triggers and nearly all aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis. (Tubb 2 stage trigger will not work nor will trigger hanger type setups)
Length of Pull (LOP):
- Adjustable with spacers in 3/8" increments with nearly 2 1/4” of adjustment range.
- LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15” (technically even longer is possible with even more spacers).
- Bravo's include our 1-3 LOP kit which includes 3 spacers and the hardware to mount either 1, 2, or 3 allowing a max LOP of about 1